The Shop Service Technician will regularly repair, adjust, clean batteries for our customers. Replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment. The ability use test equipment to check parts or mechanisms.
Technician must produce skills as follows:
- Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect defects.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with a gas torch.
- Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity of solution.
- Attaches charger leads to battery posts or connectors and starts chargers.
- Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and flow of current through the battery.
- Prepares new product for shipment.
- Loads and unloads trucks with Fork truck.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company’s driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a class B CDL license.
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times including a respirator.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products.
About Energy Products: A leader in the Material Handling Field with 25 years of service. Energy Products is one of the largest Industrial Battery & Charger services companies in the US. We work hard to help our clients drive down operating expenses, increase efficiency and create positive experiences for our customers and team members. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of Energy Products. In joining Energy Products, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, a client list of top-notch companies and a positive work environment. Our key to success is a “Yes We Can” approach to business. We hire the best people, offer the best products and provide the best service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- electrical/maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Bi weekly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Thank you for your interest in a career at Energy Products. You can complete a full application online, or you can simply submit your resume. Please choose your path below: