The Reserve Power Service Technician II has primary responsibility on site as a technician, acting as job liaison between service and the customer. Provides project technical and administrative oversight during assigned service execution on service jobs, through unto their completion.
Supports Commercial Services through scheduled job performance on Commercial Engines and Electric Power Generation (Reserve Power) products to include, but not be limited to: Generator sets, automatic transfer switches, uninterruptible power supplies, and switch gear equipment. Individual performs technical duties under service management established process flows & accountability structure. Position maintains the ability and knowledge to provide on the job performance of all duties independently and unassisted on all assigned small to large projects, experience in alternative fuels such as propane, natural gas, landfill gas, and co-generation applications, possess performance & ability in test procedures such as load banking, megger testing, block loading, and paralleling of generators.
A Reserve Power Technician II primarily works on & competitive product lines providing maintenance & repairs on defective customer equipment. An RESERVE POWER II Technician actively works as a team, a mentor in the daily performance of their duties, and provides regional service support as required by our customer’s needs.
Position demands multilevel coordination, concise documentation, and complex technical communications between local service staff and our customers. A successful candidate is required to have the technical ability to inspect, service, troubleshoot, test, analyze, diagnose, document, and remedy deficiencies through repair on electric powered equipment, components, and operating systems extending across multiple and competitor product lines. This includes the ability to accurately define, measure, identify, investigate, repair, & resolve customer’s equipment complaints & malfunctions. Upon being trained one should be able to discern with relative accuracy between actual covered product warranty and non-covered repairs based upon the cause of failure. Individual should be able to become proficient at providing up-sell opportunities on all products and services offered through Energy Products Systems Commercial Engine Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While others may be assigned, essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assists the Reserve Power Operations Manager by maintaining appropriate project coverage; as the responsible technician for daily oversight and productivity of assigned jobs.
- Maintain the ability to manage, organize, plan, and delegate specific courses of action through until completion to achieve assigned objectives and business unit mandates.
- Assists the Reserve Power Operations Manager by communicating and updating project action plans to the customer and Operations Manager frequently to ensure that we are meeting project commitments as communicated
Identify customer, verbally communicate issue, write report on issue, and gain a written pre-approval for quote estimates through the Operations Manager on any additional costs outside the approved scope of work from the original project job, prior to service execution, or the order of any parts; whenever there is need for additional scopes of work and related charges to be added to the customer by way of a change order to the existing purchase order
- Communicates with Reserve Power Operations Manager as needed for clarification during the review process of service sales jobs and time cards, to ensure that all parts, labor, and miscellaneous charges are captured and accurately accounted for and posted on the appropriate job segments.
- Executes tasks of pre-assigned & emergency work orders by schedule date, customer name, service scope, locates staged parts, checks for special instructions, travels to job site, performs job, provides detailed computerized service reports, time cards, digital photos, makes additional recommendations, & maintains tagged parts required for acceptance of warranty.
- Maintains company owned service vehicle, ensuring timely maintenance, repair, & clean appearance to support a professional image, to be documented by company hand receipt
- Maintains company owned property such as: laptop computer, printer, MIFI, specialty tools, keys, all to be documented by company hand receipt.
- Maintains & utilizes Company provided training & equipment for OSHA 1910 Electrical, NFPA70E Arc Flash, Lock Out Tag Out, and uses provided training and Personal Protective Equipment with proficiency.
- Performs daily electrical safety & planning meetings as well as site inspections before starting on jobs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or A.S. degree from a community college or technical school; Two to four years mechanical experience or equivalent education and experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $38.00 per hour